Sugar Destroyer is a formula that has been used for thousands of years to support healthy blood sugar. Gymnema sylvestre, an Ayurvedic herb from the milkweed family that is locally known as Gurmar or “sweet destroyer” and the main ingredient of Sugar Destroyer, dulls the ability of the taste buds to recognize the sweet taste, which may naturally decrease the desire for sweets. It also dulls the intestinal tract from absorbing simple sugars, which may encourage the body to use fat instead of sugar as a fuel supply. Sugar Destroyer also supports pancreatic health. Our formula is a proven proprietary blend formulated by Dr. John Douillard D.C., C.A.P. based on over 30 years of clinical experience and thousands of years of Ayurvedic tradition.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule 3 times per day before meals or as directed by your health care professional.
Bottle Contains: 90 vegetarian capsules, 500mg each
Ingredients: Organic Gymnema Sylvestre (Gymnema Leaf), Organic Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek Seed), Organic Cinnamomum Cassia (Cassia Bark), Asphaltum punjabianum (Shilajit Extract)
(Go to Ayurvedic Herbal Makeup)
Does not contain: Yeast, gluten, corn, soy, milk, fish, animal products, binders, fillers, preservatives or artificial coloring
Kosher Certified: No animal derivatives
As common as they are, a blood sugar crash is actually a big stressor for the body and has a cascading, domino-like effect on all the body systems that can be easily prevented. When under any kind of excessive stress – even stress due to too much exercise or a blood sugar crash – the body produces degenerative stress-fighting hormones that:
- Cause the body to store fat, rather than burn it is a calm, stable source of detoxifying fuel.
- Congest the lymph, slowing down a healthy immune response and the body’s natural detox pathways.
- Trigger sugar cravings (sugar and carbs can be used by the body as fuel instead of fat, and the body can get accustomed to receiving its energy this way rather than burning its own fat).
- Blood sugars are forced to spike and fall excessively during the cycles of crave/eat.
- Pancreatic insulin and digestive enzyme production lags due to blood sugar stress.
- Blood sugars rise elevating insulin, which stores fat.
- Excessive toxic stress hormones are produced, such as cortisol, which also stores fat.
- Fat storage accelerates, both during stress and as a response to stress recovery.
- Excessive stress irritates intestinal mucosa, which compromises detoxification and nutrient fat metabolism. Reactive intestinal mucus causes bowel inflammation and Gut Associated Lymph Congestion.
- Trillions of microbes, which support immunity and most bodily functions, are damaged by a stress response.
Maintaining healthy blood sugar is one of the core natural health missions at LifeSpa and key to optimal health. It requires a multi-pronged approach that includes: learning how to monitor your own blood sugar, knowing the symptoms of unstable blood glucose levels, knowing not just what to eat but how to eat, exercise, and mitigate stress levels, which also take a toll on the blood sugar.
If eating 3 meals a day presents a challenge or you just can’t seem to muster the willpower to give up the dark chocolate, coffee or jelly beans because your cravings are just out of control, let me introduce to you an herb that is nothing short of amazing.
Gymnema sylvestre is an Ayurvedic herb from the milkweed family that is locally known as Gurmar or “sweet destroyer”. It may block the absorption of sugar through the taste buds and the intestinal wall. (1) The active ingredient, gymnemic acids, have receptors both in the gut and on the tongue so sugar absorption may be blocked. When sugar absorption is blocked, cravings are reduced and natural blood sugar highs and lows are neutralized. (1) If sugar is blocked at both points of entry the body must get its energy elsewhere. Fat may be mobilized as the fuel supply of choice. Gymnema may support the body’s ability to use fat as fuel rather than sugar or carbohydrates.
Gymnema sylvestre can enhance the effects of insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents by reducing glucose absorption in the intestine, stimulating pancreatic beta cell growth, and possibly supporting endogenous insulin secretion. It may also support serum lipid levels already in the normal range. (2) Sugar Destroyer helps to maintain healthy blood sugar levels and support normal pancreatic functions. In natural medicine, this is called herbal intelligence because it may support balanced function to the pancreas and blood sugar.
In one recent study on rats, the active constituent of Gymnema sylvestre was tested for its efficacy in maintaining healthy blood glucose levels. An oral glucose tolerance test was administered at baseline and at days 20 and 40. Administration of the constituent resulted in enhanced insulin activity and improved parameters of glucose-insulin homeostasis. (3)
Important Note: Sugar Destroyer should not be used by those experiencing symptoms of hypoglycemia and patients on medication for diabetes are advised to use caution, monitor their blood sugar levels, and speak with their healthcare provider before embarking on a program that incorporates products containing Gymnema sylvestre.
Ayurvedic Herbal Makeup