The Short Home Cleanse (SHC) was designed for those who would like a little taste of what our 14-day Colorado Cleanse is like, and busy folks who don’t have the time for a longer cleanse.
The Short Home Cleanse could be perfect for you if:
- You are ready to feel lighter, be more peaceful, get sick less and crave healthier foods.
- You can set aside a few days to eat our special cleansing diet.
- You are committed to prioritizing your health – at least for 4 days.
- You are self-directed and can follow a detox plan on your own. Don’t worry – our plan is easy.
- You need a detox program that you can do while working.
- You don’t have any serious medical issues. If you do, please schedule a consult with John Douillard as he can custom tailor the SHC to meet anyone’s unique needs. Or show the Short Home Cleanse eBook or Booklet to your health practitioner.
Summary of what you’ll do each day:
Each morning you will drink increasing amounts of melted ghee and eat a simple non-fat diet to force fat metabolism – this allows the body to start burning off your fat cells. Because fat is a stable, non-emergency fuel, you feel calm when you enter fat metabolism mode.
Molecules of emotion, fat-soluble toxins and chemicals are stored in our fat cells. Some of the toxins stored in our fat cells are preservatives, dioxins, pollutants, pesticides, and other cancer-causing chemicals.
This cleanse will help you remove these toxins, reset your digestion and get you back on track to vibrant health.
- You’ll take 3 Ayurvedic herbal formulas to open your detox pathways, facilitate a deeper detox and improve digestion.
- You will eat a non-fat diet of kitchari, which is a special type of split yellow mung dahl beans and white basmati rice. Your goal is to eat 3 meals a day without snacking.
- The daily routine includes specific hydration protocols and stress-relieving practices.
- On the evening of day 4, you will do a gentle laxative therapy to help remove the toxins that the ghee and non-fat diet have loosened from your cells.
Included in your Short Home Cleanse Booklet:
- Why regular cleansing is essential to your health.
- Why and how the SHC supports the body’s natural ability to burn fat and detoxify itself.
- How to custom tailor the SHC to fit your life. Do you need to maintain a busy schedule or can you slow down for a few days and retreat? Either way, you can easily do the SHC.
- How to facilitate a deep detox of toxins in your fat cells and rebalance your blood sugar levels with the oleation protocol (drinking ghee each morning).
- Four meal plan options to choose from based on your body’s unique needs.
- Our recipe for the nourishing and detoxifying kitchari, which is a traditional Ayurvedic rice and bean dish used for cleansing and digestive rebalancing.
- How and why to follow the herbal protocol. I recommend 3 LifeSpa Ayurvedic herbal formulas, but I have also listed alternatives that you can find at any health food store.
- Daily routines that will calm your nervous system, quiet your mind, de-stagnate your lymphatic system and increase the benefits of your detox. You can also continue all of these practices after the cleanse to combat stress and live more peacefully.
- Foods to avoid during the SHC.
- How to omit snacking to balance your blood sugar levels.
- A little known and powerful rehydration technique that will help reduce cravings, release toxins and improve your digestion.
- How and why to do the safe and gentle laxative on the evening of day 4.
- When to do the SHC and how often you can safely cleanse each year.
- How to cleanse based on the seasons.
- Suggestions for how to do a deeper, more intensive detoxification program next time.
Supplies: These are the 3 herbal formulas, easy-to-prepare cleansing food, and ghee that will make up your special cleansing diet and protocols during your Short Home Cleanse. Everything you need for this cleanse is available in our Short Home Cleanse Complete Kit. (Alternatives to the herbal formulas are listed in the Short Home Cleanse eBook, and some supplies may be sourced locally.)