The Short Home Cleanse (SHC) was designed for those who would like a little taste of what our 14-day Colorado Cleanse is like, and busy folks who don’t have the time for a longer cleanse.
The Short Home Cleanse could be perfect for you if:
- You are ready to feel lighter, be more peaceful, get sick less and crave healthier foods.
- You can set aside a few days to eat our special cleansing diet.
- You are committed to prioritizing your health – at least for 4 days.
- You are self-directed and can follow a detox plan on your own. Don’t worry – our plan is easy.
- You need a detox program that you can do while working.
- You don’t have any serious medical issues. If you do, please schedule a consult with John Douillard as he can custom tailor the SHC to meet anyone’s unique needs. Or show the Short Home Cleanse eBook or Booklet to your health practitioner.
Summary of what you’ll do each day:
Each morning you will drink increasing amounts of melted ghee and eat a simple non-fat diet to force fat metabolism – this allows the body to start burning off your fat cells. Because fat is a stable, non-emergency fuel, you feel calm when you enter fat metabolism mode.
Molecules of emotion, fat-soluble toxins and chemicals are stored in our fat cells. Some of the toxins stored in our fat cells are preservatives, dioxins, pollutants, pesticides, and other cancer-causing chemicals.
This cleanse will help you remove these toxins, reset your digestion and get you back on track to vibrant health.
- You’ll take 3 Ayurvedic herbal formulas to open your detox pathways, facilitate a deeper detox and improve digestion.
- You will eat a non-fat diet of kitchari, which is a special type of split yellow mung dahl beans and white basmati rice. Your goal is to eat 3 meals a day without snacking.
- The daily routine includes specific hydration protocols and stress-relieving practices.
- On the evening of day 4, you will do a gentle laxative therapy to help remove the toxins that the ghee and non-fat diet have loosened from your cells.
Included in your Short Home Cleanse Booklet:
- Why regular cleansing is essential to your health.
- Why and how the SHC supports the body’s natural ability to burn fat and detoxify itself.
- How to custom tailor the SHC to fit your life. Do you need to maintain a busy schedule or can you slow down for a few days and retreat? Either way, you can easily do the SHC.
- How to facilitate a deep detox of toxins in your fat cells and rebalance your blood sugar levels with the oleation protocol (drinking ghee each morning).
- Four meal plan options to choose from based on your body’s unique needs.
- Our recipe for the nourishing and detoxifying kitchari, which is a traditional Ayurvedic rice and bean dish used for cleansing and digestive rebalancing.
- How and why to follow the herbal protocol. I recommend 3 LifeSpa Ayurvedic herbal formulas, but I have also listed alternatives that you can find at any health food store.
- Daily routines that will calm your nervous system, quiet your mind, de-stagnate your lymphatic system and increase the benefits of your detox. You can also continue all of these practices after the cleanse to combat stress and live more peacefully.
- Foods to avoid during the SHC.
- How to omit snacking to balance your blood sugar levels.
- A little known and powerful rehydration technique that will help reduce cravings, release toxins and improve your digestion.
- How and why to do the safe and gentle laxative on the evening of day 4.
- When to do the SHC and how often you can safely cleanse each year.
- How to cleanse based on the seasons.
- Suggestions for how to do a deeper, more intensive detoxification program next time.
Supplies: These are the 3 herbal formulas, easy-to-prepare cleansing food, and ghee that will make up your special cleansing diet and protocols during your Short Home Cleanse. Everything you need for this cleanse is available in our Short Home Cleanse Complete Kit. (Alternatives to the herbal formulas are listed in the Short Home Cleanse eBook, and some supplies may be sourced locally.)
Your short liver cleanse is just a real gem.
Upon seeing some of Dr. Valter Longo’s research on the fasting-mimicking diet, this idea of having a five-day stint in which you’re eating about 40-50% of your normal daily calorie intake on a quarterly basis—very similar to your idea of doing a seasonal cleanse: the improvements in cellular autophagy and the increase in longevity that he’s noted in his research sparked my motivation to do a kind of a quarterly cleanse—a quarterly caloric restriction habit—versus a strict five-day water fast and the way I’ve been achieving that is via your [Short Home Cleanse].
I make myself up a nice big batch of kitchari stew and I have my ghee every morning, I drink a big glass of celery juice with my stew. (I’m friends with Dr. William Davis who has a recipe for a fantastic el routerie probiotic yogurt and I put a dollop of that on the stew.) I’m happy as a clam having that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for five days at the beginning of each season and, man, it just works like a charm.
I do a lot of self-quantification; I do a lot of blood, urine, stool, and saliva testing and every time I do that [Short Home Cleanse], my liver enzymes just magically respond: they plummet. I digest food better and I feel as though my bile flow just becomes significantly increased. Thank you for producing that helpful little PDF—it’s quite nice to be able to work that in every quarter!
I’ve been doing the Short Home Cleanse for five years now, almost at the change of every season. The cleanse is so easy and short that I can never come up with a good enough excuse NOT to do it.
My cravings are gone and I can usually coast a few more months without having to use any discipline—I just naturally want to eat clean. It also seems to get my digestion back on track again. I love how my skin glows and how flat my belly is.
Whenever I feel a cold or flu coming on, I immediately start the Short Home Cleanse and usually by day two or three, all my symptoms are gone and I avoided having a cold! Once it stopped a two-week long allergy attack on the first day.
So, I always make sure I have the herbs, ghee, and kitchari ingredients on hand in case I need to start it. (Oh and sometimes I do it just to save money because eating only kitchari is way cheaper than regular food!)
I recommend it to people all the time. Thanks for introducing me to it. I have a feeling it will just be one of those things I do to stay healthy for many more years. Maybe forever.