Our Organic Nasya Oil is a USDA certified organic blend of Ayurvedic herbs and oils traditionally used to lubricate and cleanse the nasal passages. Regular sinus care supports the cleaning of brain and CNS lymphatics as well. Following neti (salt water irrigation) with nasya (herbalized nasal oil therapy) is a powerful tradition.
Directions: Tilt your head back and place 3 to 5 warm drops into each nostril and sniff deeply.
Net Weight: 1 Fluid Ounce
Ingredients: Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Leaf Powder*, Acorus Calamus (Calamus) Root Powder*, Scutellaria Galericulata (Skullcap) Leaf Powder*, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil*
For external use only. Not for use by pregnant women.
Soothe Nasal Passages with Neti and Nasya
Traditionally, a saline or salt water solution was used during neti to flush the sinuses. Salt water is very drying to the skin and will dehydrate the delicate nasal mucosa if not followed with lubricating nasya. Dry sinuses are easily irritated by pollutants, pollens and dry air. After performing neti, always follow it with nasya. While neti offers powerful support for sinuses, the therapy wasn’t traditionally considered complete until nasya was also performed.
Nasya Herbalized Oil Therapy
Administering nasya is aimed at lubricating the sensitive tissues of the nasal cavity, so that they are less reactive to dryness and airborne irritants. The result is a more complete therapy that won’t create a dependency on either one.
Nasya Therapy Procedure
Nasya is a simple procedure where 3-5 drops of an herbalized oil, usually sesame or olive oil, is applied into the nostrils and sniffed. This lubricates the nasal mucosa, leaving them cleansed by the neti and lubricated by the nasya.
- Nasya is best done immediately after neti.
- Use a properly prepared oil, which is made by slowly cooking lubricating and soothing herbs into the oil.
- Warm the oil by putting oil in the dropper and holding it under hot water until it is just above body temperature (test temperature on forearm). You can also warm the whole bottle in a cup of hot water.
- Tip your head back as far as possible and exhale fully. If you like, you can lay on the edge of a bed or sofa. Drop 3-5 drops of oil into each nostril and sniff deeply. Start with 3 drops and increase if comfortable.
- Use daily for two weeks after neti and as needed afterward.
- Nasya is best done on an empty stomach.
- It is best not to do nasya before bed to prevent dripping into the larynx.
- It is normal to taste the oil in the back of the mouth or to have some oil drip out of your nose for a minute or two afterward.
keywords: nasaya, naysa