Himalayan Chandra Neti Salt is the purest available so that impurities in the salt do not irritate your gentle nasal passages. This salt is perfect for use with the Neti Pot.
- 12oz of 99.99% pure non-iodized salt
- No additives or anti-caking agents
- Pharmaceutical grade
Using high-quality neti salt is an important part of the cleansing process of a nasal wash. This salt is pharmaceutical grade and provides a thorough and gentle purifying for your daily routine of nasal cleansing.
The Neti Salt jar and measuring spoon are biodegradable!
For an isotonic rinse, fill the smaller side of the provided spoon with Neti Salt and mix with warm, sterile water filled to the top of the Neti Pot; for hypertonic rinse, fill the large side of the provided spoon.
This product is additive-free; any clumps may be broken apart and used. Keep tightly closed to protect contents from moisture. Store in a cool & dry place.
Do not perform a nasal rinse with plain water, this will result in a severe burning sensation. For your safety, do not use tap water unless it has been previously boiled for at least five minutes. You may also use distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron) or commercially bottled water for nasal rinsing.
Why a Nasal Wash?
The nasal passages are lined with a thin layer of mucus that is one of our body’s first lines of defense against disease. A nasal wash keeps this layer of mucus moist, clean, and healthy. Compared to other nasal wash techniques, using the Neti Pot is easy. A nasal wash with a neti pot can be as routine as brushing your teeth.
Use it anytime to:
- Remove excess mucus due to congestion
- Rid nostrils of pollen and other allergens
- Cleanse the nasal membranes of dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants
- Relieve nasal dryness due to air travel
- Improve flow of breath before doing relaxation or meditation techniques
Neti & Nasya
We recommend always following Neti (Nasal Irrigation) with Nasya (Nasal Lubrication) using traditional herbalized Nasya Oil, which further helps to lock in moisture and soothe any sensitivity created by the Neti saline solution.
Instructions for Neti
More details included with purchase of Neti Pot.
Note: Nasal Cleansing is best done as part of a regular hygiene routine. As this process can be messy, it is best to practice this process over a sink or basin.
1. Prepare the saline solution and pour it into a well-washed and dried Nasal Cleansing Pot.
2. Begin the process of nasal cleansing:
- Tilt your head to the side.
- Insert spout of Nasal Cleansing Pot gently into the raised nostril and create a seal between the Pot and your nostril.
- Raise the Nasal Cleansing Pot slowly to develop a steady flow of saline solution through the upper nostril and out the lower nostril.
- Breathe through your mouth during the process.
- Upon completion of the process, exhale gently several times to clear the nasal passages. You may want to use a tissue to catch any excess mucus.
- Reverse the tilt of your head and repeat the process on the other side. Some people find they can clear both sides with one pot full of saline solution, but most people prefer using an entire pot for each nostril.
- Once you get into practice, the entire process only takes a couple of minutes.
3. Perform Nasya Nasal Lubrication.
4. Keep your Neti Nasal Cleansing Pot clean – wash it by hand or in the dishwasher after each use.