Healthy Muscle, Bone, Cardiovascular, and Nervous System Support*
260mg | 160 caps
In stockview our return policy
Magnesium Plus is a dietary supplement formulated with highly absorbable chelated magnesium, as patented TRAACSTM (magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate), and added malic acid for additional health benefits.*
Magnesium is one of the most abundant essential minerals in the human body and a key cofactor for more than 300 biological processes, especially for healthy muscular contraction, cardiovascular function, nervous system function, bone mineralization, and healthy blood sugar balance. (1)
The USDA estimates that as few as 1 out of every 3 adults in the U.S. meet the recommended daily intake of magnesium(2). Deficiency can significantly increase the risk of muscular weakness and impaired contractile force, low bone mineralization, electrolyte imbalance, and neurodegenerative complications.
Suggested Use: Take two capsules twice daily as a dietary supplement or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Caution: If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Bottle Contains: 160 capsules
Ingredients: Magnesium (as di-magnesium malate and magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate) (TRAACSTM) 260 mg 62% DV, Malic Acid (as di-magnesium malate) 660 mg **DV not established
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, vegetable magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, TRAACSTM is a trademark of Balchem Corp. or Albion Labs.
How Magnesium Plus Works
Research demonstrates that chelated magnesium is one of the most absorbable forms of supplemental magnesium. The updated formula now contains even more chelated magnesium, promoting optimal magnesium-dependent health benefits throughout the body (3). This includes proper absorption and utilization of calcium and vitamin D3, both of which are integral to a multitude of physiological processes and overall well-being, particularly bone mineralization, muscle function, and cardiovascular health (4).
Neuropharmacological research has shown that magnesium deficiency is strongly correlated with feelings of anxiety and even panic attacks (5). It appears that magnesium deficiency dysregulates the hypothalamic- pituitary-adrenal axis—the primary glands responsible for producing stress hormones (i.e., catecholamines).
Clinical research also shows healthy magnesium levels promote normal cortisol rhythms, thereby supporting relaxation, healthy sleep-wake cycles, and support for healthy blood sugar balance (6,7).
The updated formula has added malic acid to support healthy muscles and promote post-exercise recovery.* Clinical research shows malic acid supports cellular energy and promotes endurance during athletic performance (8).
Magnesium Plus Supplementation
Clinical research cited herein suggests the benefits of Magnesium Glycinate supplementation may include:
• Supports healthy muscle function and recovery*
• Supports healthy bone mineralization*
• Supports healthy cardiovascular function*
• Supports the nervous system and relaxation*
• Support for healthy blood sugar levels already in the healthy range*
- Maathuis FJ. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2009;12(3):250-258.
- “Lack Energy? Maybe It’s Your Magnesium Level”. United States Department of Agriculture. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- Schuette SA et al. J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1994;18(50):430-435.
- Ayuk J et al. Ann Clin Biochem. 2014;51(2):179–88.
- Sartori SB et al. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):304-312.
- Cinar V et al. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2008;121(3):215-220.
- Nielsen FH et al. Magnesium Res. 2010;23(4):158-168.
- Qiang F. Open Biomed Eng J. 2015:9:326–329.