Designed to support and detoxify the lymphatic system, Lymph Cleanse is a proprietary blend of five powerful time-tested, lymph-cleansing herbs: red root, ocotillo, stillingia, astragalus, and ginger. It is best taken for a 2-3 month period any time of the year to thoroughly detox the lymphatic system.*
According to Ayurveda, the lymphatic system is considered one of the seven body tissues and the first to become compromised under stress. The Sanskrit word for lymph is rasa. This is also the word for taste, emotion, juice, nutrient fluid, melody, plasma, water, menses, semen, breast milk, satisfaction, and love. In Sanskrit, the more meanings a word has, the broader its scope and the more important it is considered to be.*
Suggested Use: Take 20 drops of the Lymph Cleanse tincture in water or juice, 1-3 times daily or as directed by your health care professional.
Shake Well Before Using
Bottle Contains: 45 servings, 20 drops each
Ingredients: Organic Ceanothus americanus (Red Root), Wildcrafted Fouquieria splendens (Ocotillo Bark), Wildcrafted Stillingia sylvatica (Stillingia Root), Organic Astragalus membranaceus (Astragalus Root), Organic Zingiber officinale (Ginger Root)
Other Ingredients: Grain Alcohol (56-66% by volume), Deionized water
Does not contain: Yeast, gluten, corn, soy, milk, fish, animal products, binders, fillers, preservatives or artificial coloring.
Kosher Certified: No animal derivatives
Understanding the lymphatic system provides insights into the body’s profound ability to care for itself. In Ayurveda, it is the first system we treat, but in the West, it is usually not addressed until it is too late.
The good news is that we are learning more every day about the purpose and function of the lymph. Keeping the lymphatic system or “the drains” of the body cleansed is critical to optimal health and longevity. Here is why:
- It is both a detox system and nutrient delivery system, and the home of the immune system. (7) Life cannot exist without it.
- It delivers fats as fuel for in-between-meal energy, in the form of triglycerides. (6,7) When not functioning optimally, this is a major cause of fatigue.
- Any proteins and fats that are too large to enter the bloodstream go undigested into the stomach and small intestine and are picked up and processed by the lymphatic system. This is directly linked to weight gain. (8)
- It drains waste from every cell and organ in the body, including the heart and digestive system. (7)
- It provides a detox defense for any toxins passing through the intestines, skin, respiratory tract and more. (7)
- The lymph system is vulnerable to the formation of scar tissue and distortion as we age, much like the cardiovascular system. (11)
- It drains 3 pounds of plaque and other toxins from the brain each year. (9)
- Poor lymph drain from the brain and central nervous system has been linked to psychological, cognitive and immune concerns. (9)
- The lymphatic system moves primarily via muscular contractions or exercise. Lack of regular exercise can congest the brain and CNS lymphatic channels that drain the brain while you sleep. (7)
Remember, before you jump into a cleansing program of any kind, be sure that the detoxification channels – namely your lymph – are moving. Detoxifying the body into a congested lymphatic system is one of the main causes of detox and cleansing reactions, which are easily avoided with the right preparation.
Common Symptoms of Lymphatic Congestion
- Rings get tight on fingers
- Soreness and/or stiffness in the morning
- Feeling tired
- Bloating/Holding on to water
- Mild rash or skin irritation
- Weight gain and extra belly fat
- Brain fog
- Breast swelling or soreness with each cycle
- Dry skin
- Mild headaches
- Elevated histamine reaction to environmental irritants
- Occasional constipation, diarrhea, and/or mucus in the stool
Lymph Cleanse Ingredients
Ayurveda linked the lymphatic system to optimal health and longevity thousands of years ago and emphasizes the importance of detoxifying it. There are many strategies to keep the lymph healthy, but in the West, as a result of years of processed foods, environmental toxins, comfort foods and a lack of exercise, the lymph has become severely congested in many people.
For the reasons above, I developed a product designed to boost and detoxify the lymphatic system, called Lymph Cleanse. I have found that many people need a 2-3 month lymph cleansing, scrubbing boost to get the lymph up to optimal function.
Red root is perhaps one of the best lymph de-congestive herbs available. It works best for congested lymph and to offset age-related accumulation of fibrous tissue which can compromise optimal functionality. (1) For sleepiness and heaviness after meals, mild swelling of the extremities and reduced digestive fire, red root scrubs the intestinal lymphatic-collecting ducts that deliver fats and proteins to the blood and supports a healthy and efficient drainage system. (1)
Extracts of this shrub are traditionally used by Native tribes of the Southwestern United States as a lymph de-stagnator and to support lymphatic detox. (2)
Stillingia, also called queen’s root, is indicated for a congested lymphatic system and mucous membranes. It is an effective detox agent for a congested lymphatic system. (2)
Astragalus is a rejuvenating scrub for the lymph. It is particularly beneficial for the Skin-Associated Lymphoid Tissue (SALT) and a powerful boosting agent for the lymphatic system. (3,4) When the lymphatic system is congested or toxic, the immune system is stuck in traffic. This can result in hypersensitivity reactions all over the body.
Ginger is called the “universal spice” in Ayurveda. It provides a natural scrub to the lacteals or collecting ducts of the intestines, and a natural boost and cleanse to the lymphatic system as a whole. (5)
Learn more about Lymph Cleanse and the Lymphatic System at LifeSpa.com