Ayurvedic Pulse Reading eCourse (online) KSA SPECIAL
A Technique for Self Discovery
eCourse | 10 weeks
As a part of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda, your course is discounted 60% from $297 to $118.80. You will receive your login information once you sign up for the course. Lesson 1 will be delivered via email and made available on the online portal .
Note: This is a completely online eCourse, no physical materials are sent as a part of this eCourse. If this is the only product you are purchasing today, please select the Free Shipping option at checkout, as no physical materials will be shipped to you.
Ultimately, this course will teach you how to determine an imbalance in your pulse, as well as how to identify the systems and tissues of the body that may be affected by the imbalance.
Along the way, you will learn how to feel for pulse changes based on the seasons, times of day, activities throughout the day, and what these changes are telling you about how your body responds to these changes.
You will learn how to diagnose imbalances and digestive issues, and design therapies based on these pulse readings.
You will also be immersed in the basic principles of Ayurveda, which are the building blocks of this powerful healing science that you will be able to build on with further studies through LifeSpa courses, and on your own.
Most importantly, the pulse becomes an invaluable skill for self-awareness and self-healing. Ayurveda is about removing the imbalance or density of the physical to enhance self-awareness and make deep mental and emotional changes. Pulse reading is one of the best self-awareness techniques for personal growth.
Over the years, I’ve developed an approach to learning the pulse which covers an enormous amount of ground in a short period of time, relaying the larger portion of my pulse reading knowledge in a complete and holistic way in just ten weeks. Over the course of these ten weeks, you will receive a weekly mixed-media lesson, including:
- a written lesson
- audio (streamable from your computer or downloadable to your mp3 player)
- PDF handouts to print out and keep
- Introduction to Pulse Reading: How to place the fingers on the pulse
- Basic Principles of Ayurveda
- Week One Lesson: Learn to feel, identify, and record the qualities of vata, pitta, and kapha in the pulse
- Week Two Lesson: Recognize the difference between the superficial and deep pulse
- Week Three Lesson: Determine your body type
- Week Four Lesson: Track time of day and seasonal changes in the pulse
- Week Five Lesson: Use the pulse to initiate a healing response
- Week Six Lesson: Learn to read meal-time changes in the pulse
- Week Seven Lesson: Learn how to determine a balanced and imbalanced pulse
- Week Eight Lesson: Learn to feel the sub-doshas
- Week Nine Lessons:
Part I: Learn the interactions of the sub-doshas
Part II: The priority system of the pulse
Bonus Lesson: Feeling the dhatu agnis in the pulse
- Week Ten Lesson: Ayurvedic treatments for each sub-dosha
Note: Though this course does include within its scope Ayurvedic treatments for certain imbalances which you will learn to feel in the pulse, reliably using pulse reading as a principal diagnostic tool requires years of practice. This course does not administer certificates.
One to two hours per week to study the week’s lesson, which includes an audio, video, written lesson, and PDF handouts.
In addition, you will be asked to read your own pulse 10-20 times per day, every day of the course. Each reading should take about 1-2 minutes.
This course will give you an opportunity to pause, breathe and become aware of your pulse, which itself can become a vehicle for healing and stress relief.
Although not required, it is highly recommended that you have an introductory knowledge of Ayurveda. This will make it faster and easier for you to dive into the course. The 28-Day Ayurveda Challenge is a wonderful way to not only get acquainted with the principles of Ayurveda, but to incorporate them into your daily life.
How to Sign Up
- The Ayurvedic Pulse Reading Course will be delivered to you once a week over a ten week period.
- Once you sign up, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our private course membership site, where the first lesson will become available to you.
- Each week you will receive a reminder email with a summary of that week’s lesson, the homework for the following week, and a link to the complete lesson on the private membership site.
Note: The homework given is for your personal practice and refinement of the concepts discussed in the lessons, and should not be submitted to LifeSpa for approval or grading.
If you wish to pause the course at any time, you may do so and continue where you left off, at your convenience.
You will have access to the course content for years to come.