Ayurveda 201 is a self-paced course: you can start anytime and it’s yours to keep forever!
After administering Ayurvedic Panchakarma for 26 years, it became a necessity for me to guide my patients through the transformational practices of Ayurvedic Psychology. While the body needs to be balanced and detoxified, it is our crazy minds that cause most of our health problems. When Yoga Journal approached me to offer Ayurveda 201, following the success of Ayurveda 101, I knew that this would be the perfect platform to address the urgent need to unite Ayurveda and Yoga with the power of Ayurvedic Psychology.
Once again, I teamed up with Larissa Hall Carlson, from The Kripalu School of Ayurveda, to offer a powerful six week journey of Ayurvedic and Yoga practices, to expose the joy and bliss that patiently awaits us all, inside ourselves.
Through the lens of Ayurveda, you can gradually—and sustainably—stabilize your mood, bust through blockages, shift thought patterns, and feel healthier in body and mind. This process begins with balancing the physical body and peeling away layers of ego and habitual behavior to reveal subtle body realms. Once you arrive at the heart of who you really are, you’ll start aiming (and acting, reacting, and moving in the world) from a place of love, joy, and awareness.
Ayurvedic Psychology is a transformational journey that purifies your emotional armor and awakens your innate joy, brilliance, and clarity. This course is for anyone who wants to: snap out of autopilot and be more present; elude dopamine-fueled, everyday addictions like online shopping or social media; or learn actionable steps—on the mat, in the kitchen, and in relationships—backed by Ayurveda and yoga philosophy.
In this 6-week online course, you can expect:
- An introduction to Ayurvedic Psychology
- Discussions of the 3 Maha Gunas (mental energies called sattva, rajas, tamas), a quiz to determine your dominant emotional type, and loads of tips to balance them
- Balancing the 5 Koshas (sheaths of the physical-emotional body—physical, energetic, mental, wisdom, and bliss sheaths)
- Recommendations for healing foods, recipes, and herbs
- A gentle (yet powerful) 4-day detoxifying cleanse for the mind and body (free e-book included)
- A day of silence to enhance clarity, awareness, and transformation
- Two live webinars with John and Larissa
- Access to a private Facebook group
Each week you’ll get:
- Informative and inspiring discussions that merge Ayurvedic wisdom and modern science
- 45-60 minutes of asana, pranayama, and/or meditation practices
- Tips, tools, and strategies that boost sattva (purity), clarity, and tranquility
- Supplemental resources for further exploration
- Self-inquiry and homework to help you embody the concepts and use the material to enhance your life
Continuing Education Credits
This course also qualifies for 20 non-contact continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance.